This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of NY & NJ seeks several experienced Program Managers with Terminals, Airside, Roadways, Utilities, Cargo and Infrastructure (including Fueling and Cogen) project management experience for on-going John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) Redevelopment initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the day to day business managing and strategic planning at JFK as we gear to oversee $10 billion work of investment that will unify the airport to accommodate passenger growth well into the future!
As a Program Manager you will:
- Manage all aspects of project/program delivery including the development of quality Project Management Plans, project/program reporting and development of project controls processes.
- Ensure continually improved levels of service, quality and customer satisfaction through oversight of the project implementation including assurances of collaboration among all stakeholders and mitigation of operational impacts as well as foster conclusive conflict resolution in all program stages.
- Perform program/project management functions in support of the JFK Redevelopment vision; manage, organize the design and construction contracts; coordinate projects with other Port Authority staff, outside agencies and user groups and contractors/consultants.
- Assist in development negotiations with stakeholders as appropriate including coordination with airport tenants, staff departments, utility providers as well as local, City, State and Federal agencies required to support the program consistent with the department’s business plan.
- Draft high quality MJs (Memorandum of Justification), Board items, briefing folders, and presentations, ensuring that all project related information is current and accurate as required.
- Supervising PA and consultant staff ensuring the highest level of staff capabilities aligned with best industry project management practices.
- Work cohesively with the other assigned Program Managers for Redevelopment.
- Coordinate JFK Redevelopment projects with other JFK capital improvement projects on all design and construction interface issues.
- Assist the Senior Program Manager and Program Director in accomplishing the program’s day to day tasks and responsibilities including during his/her absence: attend meetings, make project related decisions, review and sign documents and respond to senior management requests.
Candidates will be asked in responding to this bulletin to indicate their preferred career paths (top 2 choices) consistent with the below existing project work:
Program Manager, Terminal(s), Airside or Master Planning:
- Reporting to the JFK Redevelopment Senior Program Manager Terminal / Airside, the Program Manager for Terminals, Airside or Master Planning development will provide supervision, guidance and leadership to staff including consultant Program and Project Managers assigned to JFK Redevelopment to move the planning of the JFK Vision and tenant development initiatives into the next stages of development and provide coordination between other program elements.
Program Manager, Landside or Utilities:
- Reporting to the JFK Redevelopment Senior Program Manager Landside / Utilities, the Program Manager for Roadways or Utilities will provide supervision, guidance and leadership to staff including consultant Program and Project Managers assigned to JFK Redevelopment to move the planning of the JFK Vision and tenant development initiatives into the next stages of development and provide coordination between other program elements.
Program Manager, Cargo or Infrastructure:
- Reporting to the JFK Redevelopment Senior Program Manager, Cargo and Infrastructure, the Program manager will provide supervision, guidance and leadership to the Program and Project Managers assigned to JFK Redevelopment to advance the planning and coordination of the JFK Vision and infrastructure (utilities, fueling, parking, parking, co-generation, etc.) development initiatives into the next stages of development and provide coordination where applicable with other stakeholders.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering or or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible senior level project and program management and controls experience in concurrent complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, including knowledge of design, construction and procurement preferably in an airport environment or experience in project controls of large complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise others to effectuate program workload effectively utilizing limited available resources.
- Demonstrated strong managerial skills to provide requisite oversight for consultant architectural and engineering and construction services.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, facilities management, permitting, design, financing, budgeting, construction and start-up of capital projects Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods at time of appointment to position.
- Noted Project Management experiences in one or more of the following areas: Terminals, Airside, Roadways, Utilities, Cargo and Infrastructure (Fueling, Cogen).
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of airport operations and airport capital improvement programs.
- Professional Engineer's (PE) or Registered Architect's (RE) License in NY or NJ.
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies.
- Knowledge of the Port Authority’s Capital Authorization and Contract Administration Processes.
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to the code compliance review and TCAP procedures.
- Excellent oral, communication, and presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals. The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.