This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting directly to the Senior Program Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing assigned projects throughout the PATH system as part of the Capital Projects division. The selected candidate will support and manage the various aspects of project life-cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing for each assigned project.
Following responsibilities represent a partial list of typical functions:
- This incumbent will monitor status of project design and construction, cost and schedule controls, and other areas of project oversight.
- Working with other PATH staff, this position will be responsible to follow-up and collaborate with various technical, financial, and administrative staff to address critical project issues, and provide necessary responses to assure continued project progress;
- Coordinate with Engineering to retain the necessary internal and external resources, including appropriate professional services, to advance the assigned projects to conceptual/preliminary design or final design;
- Advance projects through established milestones, developing and implementing recovery plans for unanticipated delays;
- Prepare project status reports for supervisors, senior and executive staff on a periodic basis;
- Lead the authorization process for assigned projects including preparing the necessary material/presentations for Board authorization;
- Coordinating the projects‘ planned construction activities in order to obtain optimal results in cost and schedule; and
- Notifying appropriate staff and consultants of issues requiring attention.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A minimum of five (5) years of responsibilities in project management, design and/or construction;
- Bachelors’ degree in Architecture/Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience and managerial skills in working with technical staff, consultants, and contractors in coordinating activities to achieve schedule and budget results in accordance with established targets;
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and handling of complex and challenging issues with sound judgment and personal accountability;
- Knowledge and experience in project management or multi-disciplined design and construction projects;
- Experience in navigating difficult discussions and positions, including ability to adapt easily to the demands of multiple diverse situations, and operate effectively in the face of uncertainty and change;
- Ability to work independently as well as motivate others in a high-pressure environment with multiple assignments due within a tight timeframe;
- Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, ability to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations;
- Knowledge of Port Authority businesses and capital project management, financial systems, and administration; and
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and analytical skills
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.