This job posting is no longer active.
The HR Operations Partner (HROP) is a multi-dimensional HR professional having broad HR experience with the ability to build valuable relationships with leadership within the agency’s various Business Units. The HROP supports management within Business Units with daily workforce activities and HR programs & initiatives and serves as the face of HR for employee interactions. The HROP enhances value to the business by being proactive, driven by a sense of urgency and striving for a sense of improvement.
- Create solid and effective partnerships to support Human Resources and business objectives. Utilize deep HR expertise to provide clients counsel on complex issues, as well as frequent and accurate communication around day-to-day business needs.
- Collaborate with management, HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and HR Centers of Expertise to implement and manage Human Capital programs and strategic initiatives effectively and efficiently. Deliver ongoing HR services, programs, and communications that link to the business strategy of the agency and add value for our clients/employees.
- Provide continuous support to management to facilitate talent development and performance management programs and agency succession recommendations while working to improve organizational effectiveness, talent quality and performance.
- Coach managers on performance management and leadership effectiveness within their business units and collaborate on escalated employee relations issues and effectively manage risk.
- Proactively collaborate with leaders to identify staffing issues, talent needs and trends. Provide guidance to hiring managers around effective decision making strategies pertaining to internal versus external selection processes.
- Coach managers to improve the selection and development of identified successors while driving the agency’s initiative around creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Partner with HRBPs to lead the ongoing talent review process; assess and identify high performing / high potential leaders, and ensure succession and development plans are in place.
- Manage and resolve client’s Human Capital needs and problems of a recurring nature, including but not limited to, enforcing and communicating Agency policies, rules and regulations as they relate to employment.
- Act as project manager for special short and/or long-term projects driven by HR’s business priorities.
Note - This position is located at 4 World Trade Center but requires travel to various Port Authority facilities.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience working in partnership with Business Unit managers in a day-to-day, operational, HR capacity with experience initiating and managing HR programs & initiatives.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Possess a broad HR background and expertise across a variety of functional areas including Organization Design and Development, Talent Planning and Development and Coaching.
- Proven ability to influence and drive results within HR and the Business Unit to align others towards desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and develop creative and innovative recommendations and decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including experience interacting effectively with staff at all levels to achieve mutually desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated project and resource management ability to implement Human Capital plans and priorities, while maximizing resources to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to analyze data and complex information from a wide range of sources (both internally and industry data) to inform decisions about future HC initiatives and programs.
- Possess a strong client service orientation with an ability to effectively respond to the concerns and needs of various clients in a timely and accurate manner.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.