The Human Resources Department currently has an opening in our Talent Acquisition Division for a HR & Onboarding Coordinator! This person will play a critical role in ensuring all new hires have a positive, consistent experience as they transition into the agency.
This Coordinator will be primarily responsible for facilitating the new hire orientation process on an employee’s first day at the agency to ensure a smooth transition into the organization. On a biweekly basis, this position will facilitate all of the process steps in our orientation program which include new hire paperwork, policies and procedures overview, benefits briefing, and computerized compliance trainings.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all logistics for new hire orientation including room reservations, audio visual setup, and materials
- Serve as the point person for each new hire orientation session providing an excellent Day One employee experience
- Interface with other orientation stakeholders (Security Desk, Real Estate, Service Delivery) to ensure a smooth process and completion of all necessary new hire tasks
- Facilitate computer based new hire compliance trainings; perform simple technology troubleshooting as needed
- Process all new hire paperwork to ensure a smooth transition onto payroll; follow up with employees as needed to ensure completion
In addition, this position will provide administrative support to the entire Talent Acquisition team. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Posting open positions on our career pages and specialty job boards
- Perform background checks and facilitate on -boarding of new hires.
- Coordinating career fair and other event logistics including registration, scheduling, and shipping materials
- Scheduling and preparing interview materials
- Assisting with specific recruitment initiatives during peak seasons including summer interns, General Maintainers, and other titles as needed
- General administrative support for the division as needed
Note #1 – On orientation days, the work hours of this position are 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Note #2 – This is a long term, contract position.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required or 4 years of progressively responsible work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a client/customer/employee facing role facilitating and managing human resources processes or procedures
Note - This is a long term, contract position.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with various payroll and compliance forms (W-4, I-9, etc)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including strong knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with PeopleSoft is preferred
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.