The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Manager, Customer Experience to lead the development and manage programs aimed at driving world class customer experience through the Port Authority’s Airport system.
The Customer Experience programs aim to drive customer satisfaction through superior service, responsive programs, and positive interactions with the more than 124 million customers. These programs entail all aspects of external and internal customer interactions, including customer service programs, customer information, performance measurement and market research, and compliance. The role will report to the Customer Experience Officer.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Customer Experience Initiatives:
- Lead an integrated program of high priority initiatives aimed at driving a world-class customer at our airports.
- Serve as a project manager – leading internal and external partners in developing project plans, establishing milestones, and managing project deliverables and schedules.
- Present and communicate information and project status to executive-level staff and a diverse array of internal and external audiences.
Customer Service Programs & Standards:
- Develop and oversee multi-facility contracts for Airport Customer Experience Specialist staffing, mystery shopping, and benchmarking surveys.
- Ensure compliance by airport partners with Aviation customer service and wayfinding standards.
- Establish standards and service level agreements in partnership with Properties and Commercial Development. Ensure compliance through airport partners’ achievements of established performance metrics.
Customer Information & Communication:
- Coordinate efforts to maximize the effective use of a variety of communication channels to ensure accurate, timely communication of information to customers.
- Collaborate with airport staff and Marketing on programs, initiatives, and outreach materials.
- Research best practices and make recommendations for improvements to customer communication.
Performance Measurement & Market Research:
- Oversee a program of customer-orientated market research, surveys, and performance measurements that inform management decisions, customer service programs, resource allocations, and customer communications.
- Use information to drive programs aligned with customer feedback, industry best practices, and our customer experience strategy.
Title VI & ADA Compliance:
- Lead the coordination of activities and initiatives designed to maintain Aviation’s compliance with federal regulations contained in the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 working collaboratively with airport partners and staff.
- Ensure airport partners are complying with Customer Care and Wayfinding and Signing standards.
- Lead Customer Experience staff and cross-functional teams to drive the customer experience and a customer-centric culture.
- Manage staff performance and development activities to maximize productivity and engagement in support of Aviation customer experience goals and initiatives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Administration, Business Management, Aviation, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience managing functions or leading projects related to customer experience, operations, marketing/communications, project management, or other related business areas.
- Experience delivering strategic presentations and communications to a variety of audiences to support programs related to driving customer experience or other related operational priorities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and motivate diverse teams to achieve high performance toward common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community, and customer concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and integrate customer service needs into day-to-day decision making and projects.
- Strong project management skills, including developing, implementing and managing project plans, deliverables and schedules.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.