This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting directly to the Staff Accounting Supervisor, the selected candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the compilation, printing and distribution of the PA bi-weekly and PATH weekly payroll process.
- Analyze payroll query results and exception reports. Adjust employee pay sheets if necessary.
- Prepare and calculate an employee’s final earnings after authorized separation from service.
- Update, maintain and distribute the over payment spreadsheet for use within the Agency.
- Research and respond to employee and Departmental (Labor negotiators, Law, HRD, etc) inquiries regarding payroll issues and concerns.
- Prepare and process off cycle check requests.
- Cancel and reissue checks or direct deposit statements.
- Assist in the analysis and output of retroactive payments.
- Control of petty cash processing, expense account uploads and supplemental payment issuances.
- Assist in the preparation and upload of year-end payments to represented employees.
- Complete special assignments and support staff with timekeeping responsibilities. Document and streamline existing business processes. Ensure complex and/or sensitive data is compiled, documented and presented in a clear and concise manner.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited college or university.
- Two or more years of relevant experience in Accounting.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited college or university and/or a CPA is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work independently, prioritize work and perform effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills with a strong understanding of accounting and tax.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal staff at all levels and external business partners.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and SAP.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.