The HR Systems & Program Management unit of the Human Resources Department is seeking a talented Senior Systems Analyst to join our team in the Human Resources Department. The Senior Systems Analyst will provide Human Capital Management system support to all our HR functions including: Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Benefits and Compensation, etc. The successful candidate will be highly confidential, analytical, process and detailed oriented, customer focused and bring a strong understanding of HR Systems with extensive project management background.
This position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of integrated talent solutions through the use of disciplined project management principles, particularly those enabled by technology, to maintain and enhance the agency’s human capital data and systems. In addition, it is responsible for providing systems and business analysis support, plays a key role in enhancing and/or upgrading existing HR applications and systems. Conducts business process analyses and needs assessments in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Understands how the HR functions tie together and provides solutions that create efficiencies for the entire division. Responsible for developing and maintaining a reporting environment that meets business needs and leverages system capabilities and automation. Manages projects and ensures completion on time and within budget. Applies a detailed knowledge of business analysis concepts, practices, and procedures to determine most effective business system applications. Demonstrates a strong understanding of project management concepts through detailed planning, execution, and documentation.
- Responsible for the configuration and ongoing maintenance of various modules within our PeopleSoft Human Capital Management system including but not limited to: benefits, compensation, reporting and analytics, dashboards, recruitment, onboarding, workflows, and system notifications.
- Gathers high level requirements and provides business analysis for the assigned project phases and recommends the technical strategies and tactics that will assist the business in achieving its goals.
- Creates and maintains business requirements which include documentation, formulating and defining application scope and objectives. Devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining existing integrations, making modifications and partnering with IT on the creation of new integrations as needs arise.
- Develop and maintain system administration documentation (configuration, training, administration guides, etc.)
- Develops workforce analytics and dashboard reporting on: headcount activity, hiring, attrition trends, head count forecasting, etc.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Builds, fosters and maintains good relationships with business customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer results
- Ensure data security and standards are adhered to
- Must be able to adjust daily work schedule as needed
- May perform other duties and participate on special projects as assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in HR system support, administration and integration
- Experience with Human Capital Management suite applications; Experience with PeopleSoft is strongly preferred
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated proficiency in various reporting applications, including interactive reporting functions, employee self-service, manager self-service, and user reporting dashboards.
- Skilled in the analysis and development of various reporting functions
- Knowledgeable with implementation of user interface applications
- General understanding of interfaces with third party vendors
- Prior HCM system implementation experience
- Understanding of IT integration processes
- Possess solid knowledge of Human Resources functions, automated workflow processes, payroll administration, benefits administration, compensation planning tools and talent management strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a strict standard of confidentiality in handling sensitive information, reports, and correspondence
- Able to adapt to different communication styles, be results driven, self-starter, analytical and have strong prioritization skills.
- Change management and project management experience
- Highly communicative, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including research techniques
- Large scale project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive data
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.