The Port Authority of NY & NJ is seeking a talented Analyst to join our Human Capital Analytics team in the Human Resources Department. The Analyst will provide analytics and reporting support to all our HR functions including: core HR, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion, and Total Rewards. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, detailed oriented, possess a strong understanding of HR business processes and data, and able to use data to assist HR functions and Business Partners in their work with business units. The Analyst analyzes HR data and metrics to identify important trends. This individual is responsible for ensuring that the information is accurate and presented it in a clear, concise, and business-relevant manner to key stakeholders.
• Develop and generate human capital analytics and reporting for headcount activity, hiring, attrition trends, workforce planning, EEO compliance, talent management
• Support Human Resources Department performance reporting including agency-wide and department scorecards
• Prepare regular and ad hoc human capital reports using PeopleSoft Query tool and Cognos reporting tools for both internal Human Resources Department clients and agency clients
• Independently work with HR personnel and business units to develop relevant human capital metrics
• Expand and enhance human capital reporting to better support human resources decision making
• Examine and identify key trends in the data
• Present relevant trends in clear, succinct reports to key stakeholders and demonstrate the implications of these trends on the business
• Develop and maintain procedures for the metrics report generating process
• Ensure data security and standards are adhered to in reporting
• Support data accuracy by flagging data issues and working with stakeholders to identify and fix root causes
• Provide support for increasing automation of the reporting process
• May perform other duties and participate on special projects as assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (computer science, information technology, business, psychology, human resources, etc.)
- 2 years business experience with some exposure to human capital analytics
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Strong understanding of HR business processes and HR data
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive data
• Strong personal integrity and commitment to fulfilling responsibilities with the highest standards of ethical conduct
• Adaptable: willing and able to adjust to multiple tasks and demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations with a keen attention to detail
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and identify key trends
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills: able to identify data problems and systematically gather relevant information
• Strong data visualization skills
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated proficiency in various reporting applications, including the PeopleSoft query tool
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain data and metrics in business terms to a non-technical audience
• Able to adapt to different communication styles; strong listening and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with human capital metrics and industry benchmarks, their use, development, and presentation with ability to help identify and generate relevant metrics to further business and HR strategic initiatives and priorities
• Master’s Degree in related field (Human Resources, Human Resources Information Systems, Business Analytics, MBA, MPA) with significant analytics coursework
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.