This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Chief and Deputy Chief of Construction, and under the direct supervision of the Engineer of Construction (EOC), the Senior Resident Engineer will be responsible to assist in the development of the design build effort of Moynihan station, spot audit the review of the special inspections and material inspections, construction work, implementation of change orders, management of the PM (including payment processes), keep track of and estimate net cost, review work in place, review of minority participation plan and coordinate with all outside Agencies, Consultants, Railroads and Contractors.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Working in conjunction with ESD and the design build venture, the successful candidate will aid in the development of the design integrating lessons learned in Phase I of the project.
- Prepare presentations and reports and present to senior levels of the PA, Governor’s office, Railroads and ESD.
- Supervising a staff of Engineers, Inspectors and Administrators who assure the overall quality of the installed product. This includes management of on-site construction staffing that is part of a Construction Management (CM) firm.
- Monitoring contractor adherence to plans, specifications and approved shop drawings; assuring construction methods are properly coordinated with Facility Operations and are performed safely; administering contracts within PA standards; investigating construction problems and determining the need for extra work.
- Representing the Engineer of Construction during their absence in facilitating office correspondence, including, but not limited to, contract changes, approving contractors’ work and verifying payment applications, reviewing daily narratives and special inspection reports, and other contract requirements as needed.
- As the Stage IV Lead Engineer Architect (LEA), responsible for overall construction schedule and Stage IV staff and construction budget expenditures including approval of payments to contractors, the negotiation of change orders and the settlement of potential contractor claims.
- Following and enforcing Construction Management Division’s administrative procedures and policies. Mentoring and training staff to successfully achieve Engineering Department’s business objectives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must have at least eight (8) years of experience in Design or Construction at the time of appointment to the position, including three (3) years’ experience as an Assistant Resident Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Must have Registered Professional Engineer license or registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey.
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated satisfactory experience managing a staff of Engineers and Construction professionals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of Construction Management Division (CMD) strategies, processes and procedures; especially in railroad, terminal and building work.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills as evidenced from experience in managing and settling contractor disputes.
- Demonstrated experience of monitoring actual expenditures and schedules against budgets and forecasts.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and coordinating Port Authority construction projects at active facilities.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of consultants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the eRAMP process, along with efforts to maintain current reviews for each subordinate.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.