This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Engineering Document Control, and under the direction supervision of the Senior Engineering Document Coordinator, the Engineering Document Coordinator (EDC) will perform technical administrative support duties involving the receipt, recording, processing, distribution, tracking, revision, generation, response, etc. of construction submittals and related documents. EDC processes submittal documents in a capacity requiring the use of technical knowledge, judgment and initiative.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
- Enter and process engineering construction submittal documents such as shop drawings, calculations, catalog cuts, etc., normally submitted by contractors to the Port Authority, into the designated submittal management system.
- Disseminate documents in accordance with the established document distribution plan for each assigned project.
- Track submitted documents from receipt to final disposition. Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs. Coordinate the review process with technical/engineering staff, and follow-up when necessary utilizing standard document control procedures, protocols and guidelines to facilitate accurate and timely distribution.
- Attend project pre-construction, progress and other meetings as requested or required.
- Prepare and publish document/submittal status reports.
- Provide information and assistance to design engineers, resident engineers, contractors and others for document/submittal inquiries. Maintain orderly file system including document copying, scanning, filing of originals, revisions and electronic images within predefined project file structure and recordkeeping to ensure ease and reliability of submittal document retrieval.
- Log work on weekly basis.
- Assist all submittal coordinators as required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (GED) from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years’ relevant work experience in technical document processing OR vocational/technical training in technical documentation.
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent college credits can substitute for the above education and experience requirement.
- Valid Driver's license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Understanding of the construction and document submittal process.
- Familiarity with Oracle Primavera Contract Management (formally known as Expedition), an engineering submittal management software.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Livelink.
- Familiarity with alpha and numerical filing systems.
- Ability to use a variety of office systems to enter data including typing, scanning, copying, etc.
- Ability to recognize the different types of engineering submittal documents to be processed.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external professionals, meet deadlines, work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to details
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Engineering Department is seeking Engineering Document Coordinator to join the Construction Management Division currently located in New Jersey pending relocation to 4 World Trade Center (WTC).
Please note all available Engineering Document Coordinator positions are represented by the Communications Workers of America Union (CWA).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.