Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Security Technology Planning & Deployment, the Senior Security Communication Analyst will be engaging in security technology initiatives Agency wide. This position will aid in the review, coordination and implementation of new and updated security technology. The Analyst will establish standards, procedures, materials, and operational requirements applicable for the given initiative. The Analyst shall deliver, and when necessary create, training and awareness programs associated with new and expanded security technology.
The Analyst will be a resource for all department inquiries regarding security technologies. Responsibilities include tracking, reporting, assisting with and guiding the deployment of technology solutions for the agency security departments as well as the Port Authority Police Department.
Provide customer support and corrective action when necessary. This includes assisting agency staff and personnel in the continued development of end-user requirements and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review Concept of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures, Security Manuals and all other plans related to security technology systems for effectiveness and make recommendations for overall compliance with new and existing policies & standards.
- Evaluate new technologies and report on applicability associated with Agency requirements.
- Implement security technology standards which may include configuration of devices related to electronic security systems, CCTV, Access Control, License Plate Recognition, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Police Radio Systems and associated network devices.
- Assist Agency staff and personnel in developing end user requirements, and education campaigns for new and updated security technologies and systems.
- Analyze and track performance of current security technology operations and provide baseline testing and approval of proposed new security technologies.
- Provide application support and coordinate the implementation of corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist in Procurement of new technologies, including but not limited to, gathering agency wide requirements, contractual negotiations and renewals, as well as identifying budget necessities.
- There is also an operational capacity to this position and the group this position resides in that may require afterhours support on an as needed basis.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree Or at least 3 years progressively responsible technical project management experience with a focus on security technology.
- Experience and knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing technology initiatives and resources.
- Experience with deploying new technologies including implementation, research, testing, and analysis into an operating environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels including supporting departments, consultants and outside agencies.
- Ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience developing successful strategies to achieve broad program, business goals, and understanding the impacts on various key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of servers, server maintenance, firewalls, switches, and overall network topology.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, and any IT certifications and experience configuring network equipment a plus.
- Experience with the procurement process government agencies must follow.
- Experience providing application and system support for large scale systems.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.