This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Manager, Security Technology & Communications, the Senior Security Technology Analyst will track, manage, report, and engage with security technology initiatives Agency wide. This position will aid in the review and implementation of all new and updated security technology and aid in the establishment of standards, procedures, materials, and operational requirements applicable for the given initiative. The Analyst will be a resource for all department inquiries regarding security technologies and be responsible for tracking and reporting on technologies and solutions in addition to providing education and awareness programs to ensure Agency support. Tracking and reporting on Agency progress towards adoption of new technology and standards will be a crucial responsibility as well as providing baseline testing and metrics for current and future security technology performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review Concept of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures, Security Manuals and all other plans related to security technology systems for effectiveness and make recommendations for overall compliance with policies and standards.
- Evaluate new technologies and report on applicability associated with Agency requirements.
- Facilitate the implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure to support the Agency’s critical security initiatives.
- Implement and review security technology standards with a focus on the operational success of electronic security systems, including but not limited to CCTV, Access Control, License Plate Recognition, and Perimeter Intrusion Detection.
- Assist Agency staff and personnel in developing user requirements and in the adoption and implementation of all new and updated security technologies and procedures.
- Analyze and track performance of current security technology operations and provide baseline testing and approval of proposed new security technologies.
- Create and deliver education and awareness programs, as necessary, to aid with implementation of security technology standards and policies.
- Provide application support and coordinate the implementation of corrective actions where necessary, including checking database and system logs to ensure audit compliance.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible technical project management experience with a focus on security technology.
- Demonstrated experience with deploying new technologies including research, testing, analysis, and implementation into an operating environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure with a focus on physical security technologies.
- Experience providing application and system support for large scale systems.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels, supporting departments, consultants and outside agencies.
- Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability developing successful strategies to achieve broad program and business goals and understanding the impacts on various key stakeholders both within and outside the Port Authority as well as how they interact.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing initiatives and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Port Authority management process and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.