This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ is seeking a talented and seasoned Talent Centers of Expertise Program Director to join our Human Resources team.
The Program Director is part of the senior leadership team and is responsible for developing long-term strategic direction, while overseeing large-scale HR/labor initiatives and programs to meet emerging and current business needs and that support employees agency-wide, including a highly unionized workforce. The Program Director is responsible for directing and managing the COEs across several functional areas of human resources to include: test development & assessment; employee benefits; compensation and classification programs; and talent analytics & financial services. He or she will need to offer consulting advice, including transformational ideas, to provide the greatest benefit to The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and its stakeholders.
- Lead the Centers of Expertise and provide thought leadership and benchmarking to ensure the delivery of leading practice to improve organizational effectiveness and drive business priorities.
- Oversee Centers of Expertise in the design and delivery of solutions that are based on leading practices and tailored to meet agency’s business concerns.
- Provide strategic direction for establishing continuous improvement to practices, processes, and policies to advance the Centers of Expertise.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business unit leaders to ensure alignment of strategic initiatives to meet business outcomes.
- Direct the assessment of business needs and implementation of initiatives that strengthen organizational effectiveness. Manage deliverables and evaluate business outcomes to ascertain level of value and impact in meeting the agency goals.
- Design and implement targeted human capital programs to build organizational capabilities by ensuring the use of analytics to monitor the effectiveness and impact of those solutions.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are compliant, competitive and cost effective for the organization in order to attract and retain the workforce.
- Proactively anticipate, lead, and sponsor initiatives to enable sustainable change efforts that drive business results.
- Direct staff who act as key partners to business leaders across the agency and within the Human Resources Department and provide consultation and support on testing and assessment activities for positions in operations, maintenance, administrative, police, supervisory, and management job titles.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 7 to 10 years of progressively more responsible experience within the human resources field.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Seasoned HR professional with a record of success in advancing organizational priorities, including demonstrated experience working and engaging with senior level executives in a corporate / public sector environment.
- Significant experience developing, implementing and administering compensation programs including competitive executive compensation programs based on market assessment, industry best practice and alignment with organization business objectives.
- Significant experience identifying and developing strategies for strengthening assessment services and programs in alignment with agency workforce and business needs.
- Ability to provide technical expertise and consultation to executive leadership and business leaders with regards to compensation programs, assessment and leading industry practices.
- Significant experience in progressive HR leadership roles within a complex business environment (ideally across a range of functions and businesses).
- Demonstrated strategic leadership to set the direction, engage and develop a high performing team.
- Professional expertise and knowledge to develop HR strategies, which will have high impact and drive business success and to resolve complex and challenging HR issues.
- Proven track record of translating HR strategies into actionable programs or plans which deliver results and improve business performance.
- Strong project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on details and results.
- Demonstrated experience assessing organizational needs, designing and implementing human capital solutions.
- Experience that blends strategy with operations and proven skill in translating vision and strategy into actionable goals, priorities and challenges.
- Familiarity with stakeholder communications to enhance awareness, understanding, buy-in and support.
- Highly-effective leader and team player with strong communication skills and problem-solving abilities who thrives on cross-functional initiatives and challenges.
How To Apply
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has retained the services of executive search firm, JuriSolutions. Interested applicants must apply directly to: Darius Treadwell, Senior Executive Recruiter at JuriSolutions: email@example.com
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.