Job ID: 30889
Department: Rail Transit
Location: Journal Square Transp. Center
Come and join us as the next Safety Programs Coordinator! Under the general supervision of the Principal Coordinator, System Safety & Environmental Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of PATH Health, Safety and Environmental Training Programs for all PATH Divisions, pro-actively following up with divisions to ensure compliance with regulatory (OSHA/FRA/ EPA) mandated training and other best practices.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining an official roster of mandated training courses and the employee titles that are required to attend these courses and the timeframe of attendance;
• Map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in- house)
• Scheduling training classes and attendees
• Ensuring that all required materials and documentation for required training courses are available
• Monitoring attendance with official sign-in sheets (through PeopleSoft)
• Entering data into PeopleSoft in order to track training activity for every PATH employee
• Choose appropriate training methods per course (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc)
• Market available training opportunities to management and employees providing necessary information and demonstrating their value
• Conduct organization wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
• Develop and propose mitigating plans to address needs, skill or knowledge gaps, etc.
• Design and create educational aids and materials as needed
• Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills
• Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design
• Maintain updated curriculum database.
• Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
• Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
• Provide New Employee Safety Orientation and other course instruction as may be required
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Administration, Communications or Health, Safety Environmental or related field and 5 years related experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in providing instruction in a classroom setting.
• Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods at time of appointment to position.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Knowledge of FRA/OSHA/EPA regulations and mandated training and ability to ensure that PATH is compliant with these regulations
• Understanding of procedural development of training programs in a transit environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications and presentations skills; solid interpersonal skills.
• Experience in successfully working with diverse employee groups and organizations; demonstrated ability in problem analysis and resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure complete confidentiality whenever needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with all levels of management staff, and external contacts and age
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.