This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Manager, the Staff Accounting Supervisor’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision and managerial development of a staff accountant and three represented (CWA) clerical employees.
- Coordinate, manage and control PATH and PA on-cycle and off-cycle payrolls and the issuance of special payments necessitated by various contractual and legal requirements.
- Analyze payroll query results and exception reports. Adjust employee pay sheets if necessary.
- Facilitate the compilation, printing and distribution of the PA bi-weekly and PATH weekly payroll process.
- Prepare and calculate an employee’s final earnings after authorized separation from service.
- Update, maintain and distribute the over payment spreadsheet for use within the Agency.
- Research and respond to employee and Departmental (Labor negotiators, Law, HRD, etc.) inquiries regarding payroll issues and concerns.
- Prepare and process off cycle check requests and cancel and reissue checks or direct deposit statements.
- Prepare the analysis and output of retroactive payments.
- Control of petty cash processing, expense account uploads and supplemental payment issuances.
- Prepare and upload year-end payments to represented employees.
- Complete special assignments and support staff with timekeeping responsibilities. Document and streamline existing business processes. Ensure complex and/or sensitive data is compiled, documented and presented in a clear and concise manner.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited college or university.
- Two or more years of relevant experience in Accounting.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited college or university and/or a CPA is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work independently, prioritize work and perform effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills with a strong understanding of accounting and tax.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal staff at all levels and external business partners.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and SAP.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.