The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager, Airport Maintenance to work closely with the Maximo Implementation Manager to oversee the creation and implementation and improvement of facility maintenance practices including the phase out of MMIS and implementation and commissioning of a new maintenance management information system at LaGuardia (LGA).
Reporting to the Manager, Airport Maintenance LGA, the incumbent will assist in the management of the division by performing the following:
- Support the day-to-day facility operation
- Identify, assess and facilitate airport maintenance priorities
- Coordinate work efforts with other airport units/tenants
- Advise/direct senior maintenance field supervisors in the Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Environmental and Contract Services Units in a wide range of labor, performance, financial, planning, training and administrative activities
- Oversee the development and management of contracts, coordinate maintenance activities during snow, develop/monitor budgets
- Assume complete responsibility for the management of the division in the absence of the Manager or during airport emergencies that result in split shifts
- Work in an intense operating environment and respond to airport emergencies 24/7 and work snow duty
- As needed, required to report to work on an off tour (outside of snow duty and emergencies) to monitor facility maintenance activities.
- Interpret union agreements, and manage employee discipline and grievance procedures
- Manage procurement procedures and authorization processes including Agenda Items, MJ’s and MA’s.
- Effective and proper compliance with PA administrative policies and procedures
- Develop and monitor budgets including utilization of SAP, PeopleSoft, and BudgetPro
- Contract development, authorization, preparation and compliance
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with budget plans preparation and financial data analysis as it relates to airport maintenance procedures
- Experience interpreting relaying budget reporting and related airport facility communication strategy to all level staff
- Basic understanding of asset management, total life cycling concepts and how apply them to maintenance operations
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships and interactions with all level staff, tenants, contractors, passengers or other public figures.
- Experience managing a diverse workforce that has included represented and non represented staff and technical functions in a demanding environment
- Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Aviation Administration or Airport Management, from an accredited university
- Understanding of the PA’s effort to phase out Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) in favor of Maximo Asset Management Software.
- Familiarity in the operation and maintenance of aeronautical Runways and Taxiways lighting systems as well as basic familiarity of FAR 139
- Ability to supervise in a union environment at an operating facility
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, SAP, and BudgetPro Systems
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities.
Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways.
John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.