The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Terminal One Commercial Manager to to develop and manage ongoing contract and leasing for the new Terminal One, currently under development to replace Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
Reporting directly to the General Manager, New Jersey Airports, and with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Aviation Department’s Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), the Terminal One Commercial Manager participates in the development, and is responsible for the management and oversight of the Port Authority’s Operations, Maintenance & Concessions (OM&C) contract for the new Terminal One. Overall construction is scheduled to commence in 2018 and an anticipated terminal opening in 2021.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the CCO in negotiating airline usage agreements for Terminal One.
- Overseeing the OM&C contractor when it takes over operating and maintenance responsibilities for the existing Terminal A, anticipated to commence in 2019.
- Assisting the CCO and EWR’s Manager of Properties & Commercial Development in negotiating and coordinating appropriate agreements among the Port Authority, the airlines and the OM&C management company.
- Coordinating with airlines and the OM&C company to develop and implement an Operational Readiness and Transition (ORAT) Plan to relocate airlines from the existing Terminal A to Terminal One.
- Upon completion of the ORAT phase, overseeing all aspects of the OM&C Agreement between the Port Authority and the OM&C management company
- Monitor the OM&C management company’s compliance with contractual requirements and service level agreements pertaining to best-in-class performance of terminal, ramp, landside, concessions and customer service operations, facility maintenance and capital improvements. This includes the provision of safe, efficient and responsible terminal operation and maintenance practices as they pertain to passenger processors, terminal systems, IT systems, and building systems. This also includes ensuring provision of world-class customer service; and the provision of top-notch retail and food and beverage concessions in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Understand airport terminal maintenance and operations, and be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with numerous internal and external parties at every level, including various Port Authority EWR airport units, PAPD, Aviation Department and Agency central staff; Port Authority contractors; OM&C company supervisors and management; airline and other tenant management; the TSA and other federal agencies; travelers and other public parties; and potentially the media and elected officials.
- Review and approve OM&C management company invoices prior to payment.
- Review of tenant construction and alteration process (TCAP) applications and maintenance letters; participation in the airport safety committee; and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Available on a 24-hours per day, 7-days per week to respond to work communications and to expeditiously report to the airport in response to emergencies, including, but not limited to, winter storms, security incidents, and terminal emergencies.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 10 years of experience in the negotiation and management of large, complex lease agreements.
- Experience in developing service level agreements and managing large contracts with key performance indicators (KPIs) or performance standards.
- Performance and/or understanding of financial analysis as related to real estate transactions.
- Available to respond to airport emergencies on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis
- Favorable results for a Criminal History Records Check to obtain and/or maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) access. SIDA access and airfield driving and escort privileges also require SIDA training and successful completion of a SIDA test.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Real Estate, or a related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in the administration of contracts related to airport operations, maintenance and concessions.
- Experience negotiating with airlines.
- Experience in airfield, terminal and/or landside operations.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of airline operations, to include ticketing, baggage handling, gate scheduling, ramp/ground service, departure and arrival procedures and objectives.
- Knowledge of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Regulations 49 CFR Part 1542 and associated Security Directives as they pertain to airport terminal operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority authorization policies and procedures relating to real estate.
- Knowledge of the Port Authority Tenant Construction and Alteration Process and requirements.
- Knowledge/experience managing long-term, complex projects to completion.
- Knowledge of Port Authority customer service programs and initiatives, and the ability to establish customer service goals for terminal operations and to develop performance measures to assess progress in achieving those goals.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with executive management within and outside the Port Authority, to include tenants, contractors, and vendors, and to effectively interact with the general public, elected officials and the media.
- Demonstrated experience working collectively with PA staff in the implementation of company goals and objectives.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities.
Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways.
John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.