This job posting is no longer active.
Under the supervision of the Construction Standards & Inspection Unit Manager, the successful candidate will perform the following responsibilities in efforts leading to the issuance of time sensitive documents for the Chief Engineer’s signature.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend meetings to support construction and prepare technical reports accordingly
- Perform construction record audit, including special inspection reports and life safety system test reports.
- Perform construction QA/QC audits to ensure adherence to the Engineering quality assurance procedure.
- Attend partial/final acceptance inspections and life safety system tests.
- Document non-conforming items and follow up for satisfactory disposition.
- Prepare inspection reports, memo and daily narrative in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations accurately and timely for every time sensitive document, including Permit to Occupy or Use and Certificate of Completion
- Accept related responsibilities to audit well over 50 construction projects simultaneously.
Attendance during nighttime or weekend-scheduled inspection may be required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Ten years of experience in civil, structural and architectural construction inspection or audit on a variety of projects.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge and experience with various codes including NYC and New Jersey Building Code as well as local codes.
- Possesses a Professional Engineering or Architect License in the state of NY or NJ
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, negotiations and conflict resolution skills to effectively reach sound conclusions to recommend the issuance of sensitive legal documents.
- Demonstrated experience working independently, handle simultaneous project and complex matters, under tight deadlines.
- Experience with implementing and auditing test methodology and Quality Assurance standards.
- Proficiency and effectiveness in written and oral communication skills are essential as well as being physically fit to climb various types of structures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all level
- Self-motivated and experienced in working in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.