This job posting is no longer active.
The TEC Network Operations Team provides a 24/7 service for monitoring network status, reviewing performance, and mitigating service interruptions. Under the direction of the Network Architect, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing leadership, management, and oversight of the Network Operations Team
- Generating, activating, and enforcing operational processes and procedures
- Ensuring accountability of vendors, contractors, providers, and others
- Technical editor on new contracts and/or renewal of existing contracts
- Maintaining and/or developing new operational efficiencies by leveraging tools or automation
- Performing review/approval of invoicing/budgeting for network operations
- Producing performance metrics for operational functions as well as the network infrastructure
- Facilitating periodic reviews of performance for team personnel
Managing the Network Operations Team to ensure performance of the following tasks:
- Utilizing and maintaining operational tools to monitor network status and performance
- Identifying all types of network problems, outages, and impact
- Troubleshooting with line departments, customer contacts, the TEC Helpdesk, and others
- Working with service providers to mitigate poor network performance or outages
- Tracking and reporting status on issues and outages
- Escalating issues appropriately, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Performing network issue investigations including event correlation and forensics
- Determining root causes and performing full root cause analysis
- Interfacing with other groups to collaborate and support network change work
- Making emergency network and network service changes where necessary
- Performing device configuration validation and remediation (QA)
- Managing ticket receipt, updates, escalation, completion, and closeout
- Updating, maintaining, and following operational/engineering processes and procedures
- Administering network services tools
- Validating documentation accuracy
- Reviewing and updating network diagrams
- Driving to multiple facilities as requested/required
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Experience as a manager, leading a technical networking group of administrators / engineers or leading technical networking project teams for a minimum of four (4) years
- Experience as an individual contributor of hands-on network engineering / deployment work for a minimum of four (4) years
- Capability to design and implement networking solutions across various disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communication (In English) required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study plus 4-6 years of experience required. 7-10 years of experience in Networking Project Management may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Excellent Microsoft tools skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Positive mental attitude and excellent teamwork as well as leadership skills
- Technical experience and capability in the following areas:
- Proficient in network design concepts including TCP/IP, routing (EIGRP and BGP), and switching
- Proficient in Cisco routers and switches, including configuration, troubleshooting, and management
- Proficient in network monitoring technologies including SNMP, Syslog, NetFlow, sFlow
- Capability and flexibility to work on a variety of network management platforms and tools
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools including Prime, Solarwinds, and Riverbed
- Knowledge of current voice, video, wireless, optical, and data networking
- Knowledge of Dynamic Host Configuration (DHCP)
- Knowledge of Domain Name Servers (DNS)
- Knowledge of load balancing and application networking
- Knowledge of wireless networking, access points, controllers, and 4G for network redundancy
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and servers including ACS and Cisco ISE
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco IP phones, and VoIP technology
- Knowledge of unified communications technologies and SIP
- Knowledge of video transport, encoding/decoding, and multicasting technologies
- Knowledge of Optical Transport Network (OTN)
- Knowledge of Dense Wavelength Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Knowledge of Coarse Wavelength Division multiplexing (CWDM)
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.