This job posting is no longer active.
The World Trade Center Construction / Major Capital Projects (WTCC/MCP) Department has overall responsibility for the delivery of the reconstructed WTC site including the WTC Transportation Hub, WBVA, Gateway Program, PATH Extension, PABT Replacement, as well as the Bayonne Bridge Project. We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Program Director to be involved with one or more of the WTC and WBVA programs.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of WTCC/ MCP, this position is a vital member of the department managing all aspects of the program(s) including the complex relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, such as PATH, WTCR, MTA, Performing Arts Center (PAC), and other WTC stakeholders, FTA, elected officials, consultants, construction managers, and contractors, etc.
The individual must understand the complex business agreements with the Port Authority partners (FTA, USDOT), other WTC Stakeholders, the individual program components, budgets, metrics, memoranda of understanding, phasing and prepare routine reports and presentations for meetings and other assigned duties. The selected candidate’s overall responsibility is program management including cost control, design and construction (including reporting on both PA and stakeholder projects), conducting in-depth analysis of issues; assisting in decision-making through information and briefings; and attending senior level meetings to establish courses of action, including implementation. The person will meet regularly with both partners and WTCC/MCP staff and ensure resolution of program related issues, and must have excellent negotiating and persuasion skills so that program activities are not delayed.
Additionally, the selected candidate will:
- Direct and manage consultant teams to assist in their responsibilities in developing written products, including reports, metrics, schedules, research memos, internal and external communications and presentations on the program and its constituent projects that concisely and clearly describe complex analyses and options to the Chief of Major Capital Program’s Office.
- Manage consultant teams in the development of construction documents and bid packages.
- Develop phasing and staging plans for future and ongoing work, and coordinate with existing facility operations (i.e. PATH, WTCR, MTA, PAC, etc.).
- Direct and supervise Port Authority staff, and external construction managers, inspectors and administrators and provide oversight and coordination of activities associated with multiple heavy construction projects for WTCC/MCP.
- Work closely with project staff, construction managers, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure the installation of complex structural, architectural, plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems is successfully coordinated, completed, tested and commissioned.
- Manage and ensure that final inspections and punchlist work are completed, Permits to Occupy/Use are formally issued, and the contract closeout process is followed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Infrastructure Planning or related field from an accredited college or university and at least 15 years of experience in the field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively more responsible project management experience in large, complex transportation infrastructure design and construction, preferably at the mid to senior level.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience interacting with executive management and construction professionals within and outside the Port Authority.
- Demonstrated Program Management experience on large projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to produce clear and well-structured memos and presentations.
- Excellent judgment and ability to grasp complex subject matter and communicate succinctly to technical and non-technical professionals.
- A demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of skill sets and personalities to move the ball forward.
- Success and a high comfort-level with facilitating discussions between multiple stakeholders with multiple opinions and experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in administering capital construction contracts including change order management, and contract closeout.
- Knowledge of the organization’s structure, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement complex strategic plans that achieve major business goals.
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop teams of professional staff.
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing and negotiating with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish comprehensive, detailed plans with specific timeframes, milestones and deliverables necessary to meet or exceed project goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Adobe Applications.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.