- Reporting directly to the Principal Business Manager, the Staff Business Manager will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Principal Business Manager in the centralized administrative and management oversight for the department, ensuring compliance with organizational policy and guidelines;
- Administering Human Resources and administrative programs and processes as they relate to staffing transactions (i.e., new hire of employees and contractors, staff onboarding, etc.), tuition assistance, vacation, sick absence, leaves of absence, training, telephone and E-Z Pass deductions, and ensuring that employee performance reviews are completed on a timely basis;
- Administering office and technology equipment needs for staff, including but not limited to maintaining inventories, administering technology projects, and preparing property disposition reports:
- Acting as the department’s liaison for the PeopleSoft and SAP programs including reviewing and processing requests to activate, change and deactivate accounts;
- Assisting with development and preparation of annual departmental budget;
- Administering Pro-Card program and oversight/approval of e-Procure purchases; creating and processing departmental Purchase Orders, Payment Requests, Service Entries, etc. through SAP;
- Managing Business Continuity Plan updates and maintenance;
- Providing general oversight of departmental timekeeping and coordinating year-end programs, etc.;
- Administration of the TransitChek program;
- Assisting with the Board Authorization process for department agenda items and Memoranda of Justification;
- Coordinating office space and access control administration;
- Coordinating and developing departmental reports and records as needed;
- Representing the department for agency-wide initiatives
- Performing other related duties and assignments as required by the Principal Business Manager and covering his/her duties during periods of absence.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must possess a bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or other related degree from an accredited college or university
- Open to recent graduates with an interest in business operations management and/or technology management.
- 2 to 5 years working experience in an office administrative environment with strong attention to details
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Extensive knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures, specifically as they relate to human resources management;
- Knowledge of businesses and operations of the agency;
- Knowledge of the Port Authority Board process;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate complex information accurately and clearly;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information;
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and handling conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience interacting effectively with all levels of staff, both within and outside the department; and
- Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft, SAP, BudgetPro, LDRPS, and the Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.