This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Control, the selected candidate will be responsible for oversight and management of the Agency Project Risk Management Process for capital construction projects throughout the project’s life cycle. Duties for this position will include the management and supervision the risk management team which will include 3 to 5 consultant staff.
You will be responsible for:
Risk Management Process and Procedures:
- Manage the implementation of an effective and streamlined risk management process to allows for the identification, quantification and management of project risks throughout the projects life cycle.
- Manage implementation of a standard “risk-based” project cost and schedule contingency model.
- Maintain documentation and enforce use of standardized risk management Process including schedules, coordination etc.
- Enhance the risk management procedures to meet industry best practices and stakeholder expectations. This shall include recommendation to update to the risk categories and risk management tasks
Program/Project Risk Reporting:
- Manage the development and implementation of Monthly/Quarterly Risk Management Status Report. Including the development of Project Risk Summary Report displaying project risk profile through the project life cycle.
- Prepare Risk Management training material
- Enhance the existing SharePoint document management site for Project Risk Reports repository
- Manage the development of a library of Project Risks and lesson learned.
Performance of Risk Assessments and Resource Management:
- Oversee the Risk Management teams work performance. Guide the Risk Management team to resolve open issues
- Review the Project Risk Assessment/Analysis reports for accuracy and completeness and provide guidance to improve the quality of the reports.
- Provide Risk Assessment performance review and prepare presentation for management
- Oversight, management and supervision Risk Engineers workload to ensure the timely and accurate completion for risk analysis and reports.
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback
- Manage the hiring, orientation and training of new risk management staff
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Working knowledge of the Port Authority project management processes and/or risk management best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of project and/or risk management experience within the Port Authority or other organization.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes and procedures as well as clear understanding of cross-departmental interrelationships.
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Recognized leadership qualities in the guidance of team efforts to deliver the project objectives.
- Strong understanding of Project and Risk Management Processes, and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present findings to management and stakeholders.
- Working Knowledge of Oracle Primavera system (P6) a project management tool for scheduling & risk analysis; Palisade @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis for estimating cost risk and reporting respectively
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Risk Management Professional (RMP) Certification and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from Project Management Institute is desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.