Want to play a vital part in the redevelopment of one of the larges airport systems? The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to oversee the John F. Kennedy (JFK) Redevelopment Program focused on Terminal and Airside deliverables. You will:
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of project/program delivery, including the development of quality Project Management Plans, project/program reporting and development of corrective action plans.
- Analyzing project risk and complexity and develop procurement strategies to achieve delivery and performance of the JFK Redevelopment programs.
- Providing recognition and impetus for the importance of the Board process. Supervises the preparation of high quality MJs, briefing folders, support materials and presentations. Provides guidance to staff in the CPOC and Gate Review process. Implementing productivity and process improvements that reduce costs and/or delivery time.
- Ensuring continually improved levels of service, quality and increased customer satisfaction through oversight of the project implementation including assurance of collaboration and coordination among all stakeholders and mitigation of facility operational impacts. Fosters conclusive conflict resolution in all Stages.
- Ensuring that all project related information is current and accurate. Provides high-level briefing on project status to senior executive management.
- Leading, developing and motivating staff ensuring the highest level of staff capabilities aligned with best industry, project-management practices. Ensures appropriate resource allocation and establishes performance measures for staff.
- Assisting the Program Director in accomplishing the divisions day to day tasks and responsibilities including during his/her absence; attend meetings, make project related decisions, review and sign documents and respond to senior management requests
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture (or related discipline) from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, capital authorization and agenda review process
- Knowledge of the Aviation industry including experience and coordination with airlines and other airport tenants
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible senior level project and program management experience in concurrent, complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, preferably in an airport environment including knowledge of design, construction and procurement
- Thorough knowledge of the engineering design process, construction management, construction estimating and project budgeting and scheduling.
- Terminal/Airside operations experience
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Extensive knowledge of project management scheduling cost control and scope/code compliance review procedures, along with knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and construction principles.
- Substantive knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, the capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control.
- Proven ability to develop intricate program and project strategies to achieve business goals and to understand their impact on various stakeholder within and outside the Port Authority.
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies.
- Demonstrated superior customer service, decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Recognized leadership qualities in the guidance of Staff Departments efforts to deliver program and project objectives.
- Knowledge of the Aviation industry including the implementation of the Aviation Business and Capital Plan including the budgeting process.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey.
- Experience and coordination with Airlines and other Airport tenants.
- Experience in engineering design.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency’s network of aviation facilities, which consist of John F. Kennedy (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, which is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Aviation department mission is to develop, provide, promote, maintain and enhance a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo, and to do so with sensitivity for the community and the environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.